Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sights and smells of summer continued...

The previous owner of our home planted some beautiful flowers... hydrangeas, crate myrtles, peoni plant... It is SO refreshing to clip a few stems and create beautiful bouquets we can decorate the house with. Our peonis bloomed in the spring,
Hydrangeas in the early/late summer,

and our crate myrtle has just begun to blossom and from what I hear, will continue to bloom in to the fall.







Mya and I have enjoyed soaking in the smells and sights of the seasons ~ ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I can't believe it has almost been a year since we moved to Virginia! The leaves will begin to change colors soon, cooler weather is just around the corner, and Virginia will be just as beautiful as ever.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man those are gorgeous! I just bought hydrangeas... $1.60 a stem and that was a good price!

Michelle said...

I'm dying to plant some hydrangeas, I hope they turn out as beautiful as yours.