Angels making snow angels ;)
Snow play is as much fun as it is tiring! Walking through the snow is very difficult when it is this deep. I think the grand total so far is approximately 30inches and still falling!!!
Slaeter loves going out in the snow, even though he can't due to much when he is out there. Thankfully, I found snow boots at GAP for $10 the day before the big snow came! This is amazing considering I had searched hi and low... everywhere I went the shelves were cleaned out.
Watching daddy shovel
Apples were they only thing that convinced him to stay inside. He is soooo into apples and could probably eat them for every meal if I let him. :)
Well, what can I say? Nate has been home from work for 2 1/2 days ( another reason I love being snowed in) and while I have been catching up on house work, he has been up to other things... much to Slaeter's dismay. No worries though mom. The hairclippers don't hurt him. He just hates the noise and being forced to do something he hates.
Awwww new haircut! Football in hand makes for one happy boy!
Slaeter has already developed a love for this sport, thanks to his daddy.
You know Nate has cabin fever when he starts taking pictures. Haahaaa... He took the ones of Slaeter w/his ball and lined the kids up for a picture on the stairs. I was cleaning the kitchen and next thing I hear is "okay! Look up here! Smile!" Gotta love it. :)
Heading out for more snow play~
Snow cone anyone?? All we need is a little syrup...
Woohoo!!!!!!
The long hike back up
If you read my previous post, you know that the transition to cold/snow has not always been welcomed one. :) When we moved here, a sweet lady at our church passed on some advice that someone had give her, " Bloom where you are planted." I was reading a book a dear friend gave me before our move and read this, "Many of us refuse to grow where we are put; consequently, we take root nowhere." Oswald Chambers This resonated with me and reminded me of my times spent with my dad planting flowers. I was reminded and convicted to continue to "break new ground", despite these frigid conditions and continue to take root. Transplanting, preparing the soil... all this is hard work and takes perseverence. Our neighbors prepared their raisebeds this past fall and are letting the soil marinate this winter. All this will result in a beautiful garden full of flowers and vegetables come spring/summer. I guess, you could say that's me, a marinating raised-bed haahaaaa ... learning to embrace the season and time God has appointed me and being nurished, prepared for the "spring".
"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to wee;, and a time to laugh;..."
Ecc. 3:1-4
Please don't misunderstand. I am so blessed, more than I deserve. But God has used the "winter" to work in my heart and it is my prayer he does the same in you in 2010.
that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. - Ephesians 3:17-19
Our snow-covered home~



2 comments:
Thanks for sharing, I guess I'm in the same place because I'm awfully complainy(is that a word..LOL) about the snow and how it is adding to my already downward spiral of my chaotic life. But I will keep your thoughts in my heart and in my prayers.
Love that... "Bloom where you're planted".
There's nothing cuter than little kiddos in snow suits. Oh and Evan also is terrified of the clippers. Great pictures Liz (oh, and Nate)!
Post a Comment