Monday, March 30, 2009

NE trip - part 2

We spent the 2nd half of our trip in Kearney and stayed with Aunt Susie and Uncle Dan. Thank y'all for being the bestess hostesses! Aunt Susie, I'm already craving the mole' - Nate was right... DELICIOUSO! The picture below was taken at the end of our week - some of us were tired (me), some were sick(Slaet & Mya & Audrey), and one (Nate) was sick and tired of school. =) Despite it all, we wouldn't have traded this trip for anything!
Spending time with grandpa and grandma McElvain
My girls are blessed to have some pretty awesome aunties!
Aunt Amy was a huge help (as always) and gladly tugged her little neices around wherever their little hearts desired. Thanks Amy!!! We love you!


Caring for sick baby boy... so sweet.








Special times with her great-grandparents.





And one of the MAJOR highlights of every trip...





spending time with Uncle Drew, which = lots of laughs, teasing, & tickles.








Helping grandpa Dave clear out weeds for the great-grands... Mya was so honored & happy to help. =) Go Buffs!


Audrey preferred to pick flowers.



It took Audrey a little longer, as usual, to warm up, but not long... Uncle Drew poured on the charm and quickly won her over.







So many fun and very funny moments to this vacation ("away from my problems...!") =)

"Want to go Sailing?"
Below: The summer version of A Christmas Story =)

"Sailing, ooooo I don't know?"



" Isn't this a breakthrough, that I sail? I sail? I sail now?" (Pic. Below:Doesn't Audrey look like she should be Bob hanging over the side of the paddle boat?) =)
Well, not really, but it sure was fun and really fun for me to watch these guys peddle so fast only to go so slow. =)





Audrey - Soakin' in the sun. Mya- enjoying the fun. And now we're done... =)
for now anyway... we can't wait to get back to Nebraska! Thanks again, to all who came to see us and made our trip very memorable! We love you all!!!
















3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm guessing Audrey "...just let the boat do the work, that's her secret..." ;)

Fun pictures! Fun family!

nate and liz said...

hahaha... that movie always brings back memories of our vaca. in N.C. - good times!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I love the pictures! And I just had to laugh at the comparison to "What about Bob". Too funny!