Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quietness...

is not the word I would use to describe the noise level in our humble abode today, or last night, or the night before. Our trip to Nebraska was wonderful! The only downer of the trip to Nebraska was that our kids came down with colds and Slaeter ended the week with an ear infection in each ear. The poor little guy was so miserable, we decided to take him to a doctor, just hours before flying out-yikes! As we pulled up to the doctor's office, Patty exclaimed, "We know him!" About 20years had passed and it was fun to hear Dr. Fasse, his wife, and my in-laws catch up.

(Check it out Cassie, crazy what follows)

As we were sitting in the lobby, Drew spotted a painting hanging for all to see... "hey isn't that Uncle Kent's?" Sure enough, it was a painting from Uncle Kent's highschool days!!!

Sorry for the very poor quality! To check out more of Uncle Kent's AMAZING paintings go to www.sullivanartstudio.com Some of his paintings reside in The Smithsonian, NASA, Mayo Clinic, Orlando International Airport...

As we studied Uncle Kent's painting, the word that came to mind was peace, tranquility, quietness.

And these verses came to mind:

In quietness and confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah 30:15

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

You will keep in perfect peace he whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

I hope these verses bless you today!


1 comment:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I am so sorry about that double ear infection, but what a cool story about the painting. I bet my dad doesn't even know it's there. I'll have to let him know. I'm glad it spoke to you. They usually do the same to me. I know he's my dad, so I may be a little bias, but I don't know of an artist that I like better :)