Monday, October 26, 2009

Audrey turned THREE WOOPEE!

It's hard for me to believe that 3 yrs have so quickly passed since I first laid eyes on my sweet little Audrey. I remember thinking she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen and still think that to this day. Granted, she had an advantage on her siblings since she did not have to endure endless hours of labor and 2 + hours making her way out the birth canal. ;) Audrey was an extremely easy, very content baby. She hardly made a sound, a cry, but often would look into my eyes and smile contentedly. In fact, I began to worry a little about her lack of noise, when she wasn't speaking at 2 years old. So VERY VERY different from Mya! :) However, my fears have been put to rest. She has found her voice and although, not quite as verbal as Mya (of course, I don't know if I've met a child who is!) Audrey can hold her own in the vocal dept. It has been SO fun to see her sense of humor develop. Because she often cracks her jokes in a low, soft tone, you have to listen carefully to hear her silly humorous words. She is as tenderhearted and sensitive as ever. All I have to do is give her a stern look and she melts into to tears. She continues to treasure her times of solitude and will escape to her room to play with her dollhouse or little ponies when she needs a break from her very talkative siblings. Nate and I have really enjoyed seeing Audrey's personality blossom, despite all the hecticness and changes that has come with 2 moves in one year. I do have to give Mya some credit for this personality explosion. I thank God for all the joy she brings into Audrey and Slaeter's life! More on Mya in November when I celebrate her life... Audrey was happy as could be to have Mya at her birthday and it made me wonder if I needed the "friends birthday" at all?
We celebrated her birthday on Saturday as a family and will celebrate with a few friends this friday.
I have failed my daughter in the blowing dept. Poor girl couldn't figure out how to blow... :)








Mya was there to encourage and lick the candles. I found these crazy cupcakes at Harris and Teeter - pretty crazy, which suits my girls perfectly!


Slaeter was quite happy with his portion of the cake as well.







Mya understands the value of investing wisely... she bought a gift with her money (very generous), but no without careful consideration... "Mom! I can play this game I LOVE I have been WANTING with Audrey! She'll love it! " Well, Mya was right. Audrey did love the game and they played for hours! I now LOVE this game as well! ;)




Thanks papo and Mema Dave and Patty for the gifts! All the gifts made the day for her... and to think there are more to come!



























To Audrey: As the song (scroll down to listen) says, "Be strong in the Lord!... You're gonna do great things, I already know!...God's got His hand on You!... "

3 comments:

Bliss said...

Wow! She's 3?! Love the cupcakes,looks like a fun time! Happy Birthday Audrey! She's so beautiful Liz!

Amy said...

It is hard to believe that she's 3 years old already! I do love reading about how distinctive her little personality is. We wish (especially Elena!!!) that we could be there to celebrate with her!

Michelle said...

SSSOOO Cute those girls of yours, Happy Birthday again to miss Audrey.