The "shortcut" was to cut it myself and save some time & $$$, but that didn't work out quite so well... I ended up taking my girls into the salon to have their freshly butchered hair fixed. I TOTALLY messed up on Mya's hair and somehow cut her hair on 1 side WAY shorter -what the heck???! So, the only option was to give her a really REALLY short cut. This is why I titled my post the latter, because my shortcut resulted in her short cut.
Now some would be discouraged, give in to feelings of defeatism, but not this woman! I saw picture of a cute little girl in the Jcrew mag (who looks a little like Mya) with short hair and bangs... that's right bangs. Surely I can cut bangs, right??? Only one way to know right?? So, after some thought, I did. Not bad eh? :) I do plan to let Mya's hair grow out some so that it will more closely resemble the little girl's haircut in the Jcrew mag and NO I will not cut it myself next time. ;) I didn't do quite the damage to Audrey's hair THANKFULLY.
It did not need to be cut as short as Mya's hair. I think it looks cute, but isn't quite what I want. I plan to let it grow a little longer so the stylist can have more to play with.

What I would like for Mya's hair to look like go to ~
www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Crewcutbrowse/ShopKids/girls.jsp
I do think their new do's look quite adorable, it is a whole lots easier to fix come morning, and more importantly far less tears are shed when it we brush. It was soooo worth it!



3 comments:
So funny Liz... I can kinda picture how it all went down. But the cuts are really cute!
So cute, Liz. It'll grow. They are such precious girls. Shortcut to the short cut....cute
LOL..came out cute though.
Post a Comment