Saturday, November 8, 2008

It is a beautiful Saturday and I have yet to make it outdoors. I am taking a break from my housecleaning to record a funny conversation I overheard between Audrey and Mya just a moment ago, so I don't forget.

Things were very quiet in their room, which means things are either going extremely well, or extremely bad. Thankfully the latter was not the case. I peeked in their room just in time to hear Mya ask Audrey, as she held a t-shirt up to herself, "Audrey, does this look chubby on me?" "Yeah!" Audrey replied (of course she has no idea what chubby means) Mya looks down and says, "oh... I guess I shouldn't wear this then." with a grim expression. At this point, Mya spots me and asks, "Mom does this look chubby on me?" And of course I respond, "No. It looks very beautiful on you."

I held my laugh until I exited the room and then could not stop as I retold the story to Nate. I know why she was asking the question. This made it all the more funny. She hears me ask Nate, "Does this make me look chubby?" and her version is "Does this look chubby on me?" It is funny to hear the girls conversations with each other, because they are sometimes not talking about the same thing, though they think they are. (does that make sense?)
It is also a bit sobering to her words I say repeated. Reminds me to be aware of my attitudes and words. This is a classic example of how my kids challenge me to continue to pursue the Lord and be an imitator of Him, because I know they are watching, ready to imitate my actions and attitudes.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

1 comment:

Bliss said...

How cute! I think I'll use that from now on! "Does this look chubby on me?" LOVE it!